With 175 dancers registered for our competition it is one not to be missed.
The competition starts at 9am and finishes at 3.30pm so come early to get the best seats.
We'd just like to say a huge thank you to
Hollis Ford in Truro
for sponsorship of our
Highland Dance competition trophy's in 2019.
Join us in witnessing the finesse of the Highland Dance. Traditionally performed by men to signify their success in the hunt, the following dances will be performed on our stage in the Highland Village.
Pas de basques P
Barbara Yorke, Prince Edward Island
Anne Donlan, Baldwinsville, New York
Registration Strat Time 08.30am
Dancing Start Time 09.00am
Categories - 16 Pas de Basque, Pas de Basque & Highcuts, Fling (4), Sword (4)
Registration Start Time - 08.30am
Dancing Start Time - 09.15am
Categories - Fling (4), Sword, (2&1), Seann Triubhas (3&1), Scottish Lilt (4)
Registration Start Time 08.30am
Dancing Start Time - 09.15
Categories - Fling (4), Sword, (2&1), Seann Triubhas (3&1), Flora (4)
Intermediate & Premier
Registration Start Time - 12.15pm
Dancing start time - 12.45pm
Categories - Premier Scottish Lilt (4), Flora (4), Barracks (4), and Hornpipe (4)
Online entries only.
Entries must be received by August 18, 2019.
Category changes must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1, 2019.
Registration is complete when the form is submitted and payment is received.
ONLINE REGISTRATION AVAILABLE STARTING JUNE 11th, 2019 at 7PM COPY AND PASTE or click THE FOLLOWING LINK TO REGISTER
Please fill out the form and then e-transfer registration fees (outlined below) to email@example.com using password ‘highland’ within 24-hours of submitting the form, and include dancer’s name in the e-transfer’s message.
If you are successfully registered, you will receive a confirmation email within 48-hours after payment is received.
If you do not receive a confirmation email, or have any problems during registration, please send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fees (already includes the $4 SDNS fee & $1 SDCCS Surcharge):
Primary 1-2 dances - $20
Primary 3-4 dances, Beginner, Novice, Intermediate, Premier - $31
The Best Western Glengarry (150 Willow Street, Truro) is offering a special rate of $99.99/night per room for dance families during the Games.
The discount can be booked by calling the hotel and mentioning CHDA (Colchester Highland Dance Association). The Colchester Highland Games are also offering early bird
tickets online at a discounted price until the end of June. Check out the front page of their website (https://www.colchesterhighlandgames.com/) for more details.
From New Glasgow,
take Exit 17 off HWY 104 (Bible Hill Exit).
Turn left at end of ramp onto HWY 4 (Pictou Road).
After about 4 kilometers, turn right onto Jennifer Drive (after Mario’s Pizza and before Avery’s Store on the right side of the road). This road leads right to the Games’ gate, where you can drop off dancers.
take Exit 14 off HWY 102 into Truro. Take the right before the roundabout onto Robie Street (heading towards the Giant Tiger).
Turn left onto Marshland Drive at the set of lights before the Truro Mall (the Robie Street Cemetery will be to the left side of the road before the lights).
Follow Marshland Drive until you reach a four-way stop and turn left onto Park Street.
Turn right at the next set of lights onto HWY 4/Main Street.
At the next set of lights turn left onto Pictou Road.
Turn left onto Jennifer Drive right after Avery’s Store (on your left) and across from Tim Horton’s (on your right).
This road leads right to the Games’ gate where dancers can be dropped off.
Parking is available at the Nova Scotia Provincial Exhibition Complex off Vimy Road in Bible Hill.
From the Games’ gate, turn right onto Pictou Road.
At the set of lights, turn right onto Vimy Road.
The parking field will be to your left after about 150m.
Free shuttles will be running between the parking area and the Games throughout the day.
Updated information will be available on the Colchester Highland Games’ website prior to the event (colchesterhighlandgames.com)
1. First to enter, last to dance. Competitors MUST report to the line-up area when called or risk disqualification from that dance.
2. All dancers must have a 2019 SOBHD dance card. Cards will be collected from pre-premiers (except for Primary) when numbers are issued. Cards will be returned after awards presentation for each group.
3. Judging and scrutineering will be as recommended by the SOBHD.
4. Once registered, absolutely no refunds.
5. No coaching by parent or teacher while dancer is in the line-up area or on stage.
6. Judge’s decision is final. No access to judge’s sheets.
7. Protests must be made in writing, post-marked within seven days of the competition and accompanied by a fee of $25 which will be returned if the protest is upheld.
8. Medals will be award in all categories based on the number of entries. Trophies will be awarded to High Aggregate winners with the exception of the Primary group(s).
9. Competitors must be in full costume to receive awards.
10. Designated changing areas will be provided. There is to be no changing in public areas nor will dancers be permitted to be in public areas wearing bra tops or sports bras with dickies.
11. Please ensure dancers are ready to dance when they arrive in the line-up area as marshals are not permitted to fix costumes.
12. The Colchester Highland Dance Association and the Colchester Highland Games will not be held responsible for lost or stolen articles, or any injuries of competitors or spectators.
13. Deadline for registration is August 18, 2019. Late entries may be accepted at discretion of the competition organizer, with a $10 late fee.
14. Age as of competitions (September 7, 2019).
Colchester Highland Games & Gathering
September 7th 2019
Jennifer Dr Ballfields, Bible Hill